Thursday, October 20, 2011

iNotes Introduction

Student's used the Notes App. (The notepad is set up to look like a yellow legal pad) to take notes from a on-line story. Raven Steals the Light.

Notes from the story:
An inky pitch blanketed the world making it very difficult for anyone to hunt or fish or gather berries for food.  The old man who had a box that contained a box that held many other boxes.  He  (Raven) instantly decided to steal the light.  The Raven transformed himself into a tiny hemlock needle and floated into the girl's bucket. She took a drink he slipped down her throat. He (Grandfather) caved in and gave the child the biggest box to play with.  Raven and snatching the light in his beak, flew through the smokehole and up into the sky. 
  • Next lesson, what underlined red means = incorrect spelling.
  • Another lesson Select, Select All, and Paste
The notes will be used to retell how the Raven steals the light. 

The student restates/summarizes information by

[3] 1.4.1 Retelling or dramatizing a story after reading it (L) 

Frencis said, "This day was fun! I love writing! I learned that Raven helped everyone in the village to get the sun."
Isaac shared, "This was really cool and it was fun and it was fun today. I had fun."
Avienda said, "This is really hard but I still had fun."
Douglas shared, "I felt good, I really wanted to do this."
Elijah said, "This was fun and hard. I like this because it's writing and it's easier than on a piece of paper and I want to do it again. And it is easier because I did this on my iPad." 
Joseph share, "It was hard."
Navin said, "I like doing this! Mrs. Brook's I like doing this because it's my first time doing this and it  is really fun! I like doing this because it could help you write! We could do this at home."
Jason shared, "I like it and it was fun. It was hard but I liked it.
Caleb said, "It was hard but good."
Sheriel shared, "I love it."
Tobin said, "I liked it and it was really easy because I do it on y iPod touch."
Cort shared, "This was very hard but it was better than with a pencil."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to our Third Grade Blog. Look inside this web site to find information on special projects and links. I'm glad you joined us. Our class will continue to update so stop by again.